It is not possible to imagine modern businesses surviving without a website and/or a mobile application. From hospitality and retail, to manufacturing to education, each domain is plush with businesses competing with each other by creating extremely engaging websites and apps.
Given the wide reach and visibility that websites and applications offer, having your own business website and a mobile app is a no-brainer today. However, simply creating one for the sake of having it does not be sufficient. If you think building or revamping your own website, quality is of top importance.
So, What Makes These Websites & Applications?
You would be shocked to know that lots of entrepreneurs have tried their hand at designing and developing their own websites. The emergence of numerous DIY platforms has allowed individuals to explore this process firsthand. However, in most cases, the outcome has been far from what they expected.
The majority enterprises outsource the web development process to companies that focus in providing these services. Full-service web development companies usually have a team of managers, software engineers, coders, web designers, as well as marketing professionals who work closely with their clients to bring website & mobile app ideas to fruition.
What Does A Web Development Company Typically Do?
The primary scope of work for a Web Development Company in Noida includes ideating, designing, creating, & maintaining websites and applications.
Let us break this down further:
#1: Website Development Services
As is obvious from the millions of business sites on the internet, websites come in various styles and sizes. A website can be custom-built by a Web Development Company to suit the unique requirements and preferences that a business has. Unlike the websites developed during the last decade, most recently websites are created by taking a mobile-first approach. This means developing your website for smaller devices & then adapting it for access on a laptop or PC.
The approach a web development company takes to create your business site would depend on different factors that include the following:
- The type of business B2C or B2B
- The industry or domain that you operate in
- The geographies & audience demographics that you cater to
- Your budget for the making and maintenance of the website
- Your objectives and goals (both short-term & long-term)
#2: Mobile Application Development Services
Business owners have understood the need to adopt a mobile-first approach. Trends and studies point toward the fact that audiences spend most of their time on their smartphones. Just like websites, applications are also created first and foremost for mobile usage.
Here are some factors that determine how the app development process will pan out:
- Platforms where your desire to make your business app available (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Type of business and the industry you join
- Target group demographics
- Purpose of the application your budget for building & maintaining the app
Typically, a Web Development Company in India will help you build an app and/or website by engaging in the following activities:
- Ideating and freezing the framework, architecture & navigation
- Coding & programming the back end
- Integrating media elements such as videos, images, and audio
- Publishing content as well as optimizing it as per the best practices
- Working on designing the User Interface as well as User Experience at the front end
- Testing the website & app before it goes live (beta testing)
- Identifying difficulties and fixing bugs
- Conducting speed and performance testing
- Implementing codes and going live
- Maintaining & updating this online real estate day after day.
The web development process involves numerous other steps, most of which are taken care of by your outsourcing partner along the way. Some companies additionally offer to design and build a site or app using an online Content Management System (CMS) such as Joomla, WordPress, Magento, or any other from the host of existing platforms.
In essence, a Web Development Company works with its client and design team to provide back-to-back website creation and app development services.
The steps that the Website Development Company in India follows after they get a request to build a website or a mobile app include the following:
- Setting up meetings or calls to understand the scope of the project and to identify the requirements of the client. Once the first discussion takes place, the web development company sends a quote.
- Discussing the approach, scope of work & finalizing budgetary aspects. The development process starts after a formal contract or agreement is signed.
- Project planning involves setting a timeframe, outlining the project plan, and starts the work on wireframes.
- The tech assessment phase involves mutually approving upon the technologies, platforms, & techniques that will be used for the creation of the website.
- The web development company then creates as well as shares mockups or prototypes to give the client an idea of how their end product would look.
- Once approved, the next step is designing the look & feel of the website and application (UI and UX). This incorporates creating signage, graphics, effects, transitions, icons, buttons, color schemes, etc.
- This is followed by the programming and coding of the various aspects (back-end development, as mentioned above)
- While quality control is an ongoing aspect of web design & development, this step basically make sure that thorough quality checks are done before deployment.
- Once the website or app is ready to go live, the web development company organizes it on the predefined platform.
- Client training includes explaining the functioning of the website and application in detail. This is a significant step in the process of the client’s team requirements. To know how the site works and what aspects they can handle at their end.
- Once the app and website are live, the web development company is responsible for providing continuing support as per the terms mentioned in the contract. This involves weekly or monthly calls/meetings, backend support, re-optimization, troubleshooting & data reporting.
Are You Looking For a Web Development Company?
If you intend to partner with a Web Development Company in Noida to build your website or app, ensure you look at aspects such as their past work (project portfolio), experience, capabilities, process workflow, and pricing. If they mark all the right boxes and offer value addition in terms of creative inputs, 24x7 supports & quick turnaround, you have yourself a winner!